Monday, April 11, 2011

A Humbling Experience

Since Cuaresma (Lent) began, I've been trying to document the many processions we've seen. I thought I was doing good until I found a website today that fully documents Cuaresma 2010. We saw two processions last year before moving on to Xela (Quetzaltenango), but didn't really understand what happens in La Antigua.

Here's the link: http://www.elrincondelcucurucho.es.tl/Cuaresma-2010-.--.--.-.htm

I still have three processions to upload and will do so as soon as possible. Tomorrow the U.S. Embassy is throwing me a birthday party (el numero 63). Well, actually they're having their annual meetings with U.S. citizens at sites around Guatemala and the one in La Antigua is tomorrow on my birthday. It's at a restaurant, so there's a possibility that there will be food, but probably no birthday cake. Things have been crazy at Transitions lately. Today we had representatives from the International Committee of the Red Cross (one from Nicaragua, one from Canada and one from Guatemala) meeting with us regarding our prosthetics and orthotics clinic, tomorrow a delegation from GERD (a Spanish disability group) is returning to continue meetings with us regarding a project on which we're partnering with them. Today, I learned that I will be going with Alex (our E.D.) to Guatemala City on Thursday morning to meet with the Minister of Health (think Secretary of Health and Human Services in the U.S.). I'm thinking that Alex wants to show off his pet gringo!

Until I can upload again, enjoy the link above. It is really impressive. Linda will also be uploading some things that were delayed when we ran out of storage space.

No comments:

Post a Comment